Saturday, January 16, 2010

and this is how the story goes...

I should be doing my schoolwork, but I am procrastinating... I realized that I had not posted anything to my blog since last month.
I thought it would be fun to try a new way to post on my blog. Let's spice things up a bit!

How about I share with you the story of the last custom order I had? Doesn't that sound like a great time? Great! Thankfully, the customer is a REALLY awesome lady. I had a few "issues" with gettings started on my end (meh), but I think it will have a happy ending.

The order was for a tan apron with a custom design for someone for Valentine's Day. Well...I thought I would go crazy and just use one of my regular white aprons and dye it... I bought some iDye color 402. Well, I am no good at reading and following directions. I should have KNOWN better.




Sooooo....unfortunately, after 2 failed attempts on dyeing the apron, I almost threw in the towel. Then, it hit me! "How about I go buy a TAN apron!?" DUH!

So I did...
I start out all of my designs with a sketch in pencil.



Then I paint...


Then, I outline...

Now I just have to give the paint a chance to dry, touch it up, and ship it out!

What a neat-o Valentine's Day gift idea!

No comments: