Thursday, January 5, 2012

Crafty New Year

Hello everyone!

So, a year (just about) has gone by without any blog postings from me. That's really terrible. Busy doesn't even begin to describe it. Also, I think I was looking at the blogging as work and not as fun.

So, for 2012, let's just have fun.

What do I like to do for fun? I like to create things. Lately, I have been looking through the pins on Pinterest for ideas. Sometimes, I just try to create (or duplicate) the project or the recipe. Yet, sometimes, I use it for inspiration-just something to start my brain. Here let me show you:

I saw this vase before Christmas. So, I decided to try it for myself. I found some vases at the Dollar Store and had a little fun.

This is the end result:


Just yesterday, I was looking for an idea for a teacher's gift for my son's preschool teacher. I wanted to do something with a monogram, but I wasn't sure WHAT exactly. So, I headed back to Pinterest and found this awesome pin. I quickly texted my good friend for a French lesson and was all set to gather the supplies needed to make this. Soon, it hit me that I should try to use what I already had at home. I was going to use whole crayons and cut them, but I had already done that for his other teacher. After what seemed like an eternity (probably just an hour), I decided to make crayon sprinkles and use it like glitter. So... here you have it... The crayon sprinkled Monogram with the words in English instead of French that was inspired by something wonderful I saw on Pinterest. :)






I will try to be better about blogging. I will try to have more fun.

Crafty New Year and Happy 2012, everyone!

No comments: